Thursday, April 8, 2021

DAILY MIRACLES

How grateful would you be if you identified everything as a miracle? Waking up and saying a prayer that God has restored your soul to you after your soul left you the night before. Looking forward every morning to what I anticipate to be “the gifts” of the day. Discovering my electric toothbrush is still working. Yeah for the Duracell battery and the Energizer bunny. Listening to the NBC Today Show every morning to hear if the world has survived the night. Our little terrier Zoe waiting patiently outside my bedroom door to greet me…and get her morning meal. Looking out the window to watch the squirrels, chipmunks and birds scamper and play hide-and-seek. Being grateful to my children for replacing my old computer so I don’t have to wait 45 minutes for it to “wake up.” Completing two word puzzles, with and without cheating for the answers, to keep my mind sharp. Receiving dozens of daily emails and sending out humorous and educational missives to friends, especially during these difficult COVID times. Finding spiritual moments to identify my purpose in life. Meditating for calmness. Connecting on a daily basis with family, friends and life insurance clients. Encouraging curiosity by scheduling online seminars to learn about artists like Vincent Van Gogh and public figures from Martha Washington to Hillary Clinton, James Patterson to Mike Nichols. Scheduling little exercise sessions from Dr. Zach Bush, combined with walks in the no longer cold outdoors. Saying Hey Google, to play songs from Neil Diamond or Barbra Streisand. Writing in my gratitude journal, at least three items a day. Having a neighbor call to offer to share with me a chicken dinner or chili with corn bread she had just made. Continuing to watch another episode of the sexy medical Netflix drama “private practice.” Who’s addicted? Adding an ice cream cone, either raspberry or rum raisin, to the show’s pleasures. Putting my head down on my clean, cool pillow after a full and thankful day, only waking once at 4 a.m. to take care of the nightly water works. As Will Rogers stated, “One must wait until evening to see how splendid the day has been.” For me, I am of the same school as Walt Whitman who said, “As for me, I know of nothing else but miracles…To me, every hour of the light and dark is a miracle.” I too look forward to tomorrow, when like Little Orphan Annie so prophetically sang, “The sun'll come out" again.

No comments:

Post a Comment