Thursday, December 3, 2020

TRUE CONFESSIONS

 I am forced to make a confession, without benefit of priest or rabbi.  In July I refused to do this and now in December I can’t imagine not doing it at least once or more a day.  I have surrendered my soul to the Hallmark Channel

and am now addicted to Christmas movies.  I love the tinsel, the trees, the stars on the top, the gifts underneath and the promise of true love and happily ever after. 

Every couple has a problem with jobs or past history or where each lives.  They seem to begin with insurmountable problems and yet within two hours and a ton of commercials they embrace for a forever future of happiness and romance.
There is clearly no reality and only a double dose of fantasy but I’d like to order a wheel barrel full for under my non existent Chanukah bush.

Most mornings I wake up and marvel that my electric toothbrush still works.  I have a history of supporting Duracell batteries and buying only duds. Hallmark reaches out and touches me with fairy tale possibilities and for that I am truly grateful.
The big question is what in the world do I do after December 25?

No comments:

Post a Comment